Sunday 26 December 2010

Shall I Go to Shali Peak? Glad I did!

These are a few photos from a trip we made during a 16km hike up to Shali peak and back - a trip that was bracketed with two terrifying bus journeys! I would dearly love to write some stuff about this but I'm sorry to bleat but seriously I just do not have the time.

In summary though, the Koenig trainers organised a day out, for themselves as much as anything. Originally I wasn't going to join them as I needed to study but I moved my exam from the Monday to Tuesday and gave myself this Sunday to join them.

As well as the trainers and ancilliary staff, there were three students; myself, Mike and Ranjeet as well as one of the Koenig guy's daughters.

All off together in a bus with a in-built PA system blaring out very, I said VERY LOUD, Hindi music. Anyway, over the day I took loads & loads of photos and quite a bit of video, but without any further words, here's a few of the photos as a taste for what the Himalayan foothills are like.



You see the highest pointy bit. We're supposed to be walking up to there. Not from here obviously, but nonetheless!

BTW, this was one of the most fantastic days I have ever lived through, although at times especially on the bus journey home, at night - when the driver could drive even faster 'cos he could see headlights to know if something was coming! - I wondered if it was a day I would live through.





After crossing roads you would seriously consider whether or not to take a Range Rover down we arrive at the tiny village at the base of Shali Peak. We can now see just where we have to go - it's still the highest bit of bump!























No comments:

Post a Comment