Friday 31 December 2010

Welcome to the Shimalayas

It's New Year's eve so I'm allowing myself a few precious minutes to pop up a few photos before I get down to yet more studying. However, since I have tomorrow off - I've got class again on Sunday to make up for it - I'm also going to allow myself to go to "The Ridge" in Shimla about 11pm just to see what's happening. There are a lot of tourists in town for the New Year, many of them delighting in something they've never seen before - snow!

Anyway, I'm starting the evening off with some Polish beer, which gives me a nice little connection with home! :)


It snowed overnight, it is usually quite thick with snow here by now but I think it might have decided to go for a holiday in Western Europe this year instead. So myself and Mike (a Floridian who's in the room next to mine) and our trainers decided to take a trip up to Jakhu Temple - a temple to Hanuman the monkey god (btw the story of Rama & Hanuman is a cracking one) - during lunchtime.







3 comments: